Malton’s first school was built in 1828 and was made of log. A new brick school was built in 1858 at a different location and named Malton Public School. In 1923, the log school built in 1828 was torn down and a newer, more modern school was built. These schools were built on the Malton Town Site at Airport and Derry Roads.
In the early 1940’s, Victory School was formed on Victoria Crescent and was closed in the 1960’s. In 1952, a new Malton Public School was created on Airport Road and was closed in June of 1981 after a massive decrease in students due to the opening of many schools that exist today. After closing, the school was purchased by the Sikh community in 1987 to form a place of worship known as the “gurdwara,” and led to the increase in Sikh population seen through the late 80’s to the present.